Gum disease affects three out of every four Americans and is a leading factor in adult tooth loss. Explore these online resources for the information you need on gum disease and how it can affect your dental and overall health:
- In addition to laser treatments, scaling and root planing is an effective treatment for gum disease. WebMD.com explains this procedure in further detail.
- Diabetics are particularly susceptible to gum disease, and recent evidence shows gum disease may also worsen or trigger diabetes. You can learn more about these findings on Diabetes.org.
- Preventing gum disease is an important step in preventing endocarditis, or infection of the heart. ScienceDaily.com provides more information about how mouth and heart health are linked.
- What are the many benefits of the LANAP procedure? Click over to LANAP.com to find out!
- Pregnancy gingivitis commonly affects women who are pregnant. You can find out how to manage and prevent this condition by visiting AmericanPregnancy.org.
At Colorado Advanced Dentistry, our focus is on helping you attain and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile. We provide comfortable and state-of-the-art treatment, including the LANAP procedure for the treatment of gum disease, in our Lakewood dental office. Visit us on the web or call (720) 420-1103 to find out how Dr. Snitzer and her team can improve your smile today.