Many people have some form of gum disease without realizing it. Prompt dental treatment is essential for ensuring the health of your smile. For more information on gum disease and keeping your mouth healthy, read these articles.
- The New York Times discusses the various factors that can increase your risk for gum disease, including poor oral care and hormonal issues.
- Learn more about the use of laser therapy to treat gum disease with this link to the American Academy of Periodontology.
- Periodontitis is a severe form of gum disease that can lead to tooth loss and even contribute to heart attacks. Learn more with this comprehensive guide by the Mayo Clinic.
- Gingivitis, or inflammation of the gums, is a mild type of gum disease that can worsen if left untreated. The U.S. National Library of Medicine discusses the symptoms and treatment options.
- The American Dental Association reminds patients that because gum disease tends to be painless, you may not know you have it. Learn more about the importance of regular dental visits for early gum disease detection with this link.
Take care of your smile by scheduling a dental appointment today. Call the gum disease experts of Colorado Advanced Dentistry at (720) 420-1103.