Gum disease is very prevalent, but there are exciting advances in laser technology which make its treatment more convenient and less invasive than traditional periodontal surgeries. If you are interested in finding out more about gum disease and its treatment, check out the following resources:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have released a current report outlining the prevalence of periodontal disease in America, as well as the importance of acquiring regular dental check-ups.
- For more information on the causes and symptoms of periodontal disease, this resource provided by the National Institute for Dental and Craniofacial Research could be helpful.
- If you are interested in finding out more about the LANAP laser procedure and how it treats gum disease, read this article.
- WebMD provides a detailed overview of gingivitis and its role in gum disease. This site offers additional information on oral care that could also prove useful.
- The peer-reviewed journal General Dentistry offers evidence on the effectiveness of LANAP gum disease treatment over time in regards to tooth loss.
Contact Colorado Advanced Dentistry for more information on general dental care options, and the availability of LANAP laser gum disease therapy. We serve the Lakewood, Colorado, area. Call us at (720) 420-1103.